Maximising your efficiency on ArcGIS for Desktop
In this session, Ivan and I explored a range of time-saving tips and tricks to improve your ArcGIS for Desktop experience. From demonstrating “hidden” tools to editing and geoprocessing shortcuts, we shared a wealth of experience and information to help the audience bring out the best in their day-to-day workflows.
If you weren’t able to attend the session, here are some of our key highlights:
- Discover new tools such as the Eye Dropper, Select Features by Common Values and Load Objects to utilise extra functionality and reduce the time needed to complete tasks;
- Create personalised, workflow-driven toolbars and task-based map documents to speed up your work;
- Learn handy keyboard shortcuts to work with the layers in your Table of Contents more efficiently;
- Take control of editing by using feature caches and custom keyboard shortcuts; and,
- Empower your map layouts with advanced dynamic text functions, custom projections and labelling dictionaries to automatically clean up your labels on the fly.