It’s that time of year again, and with the end of financial year (EOFY) in sight, I thought I would share a tip on how to get the most out of your training budget this year – but for next year’s gain.
Common feedback we receive from users says by the time EOFY rolls around, many have surplus training funds to spend, however, no time to use them by the 30 June deadline.
In response to this feedback, we have developed a simple solution which gives you flexibility and greater control over your training for the next financial year – Learning and Services Units.
Similar to a gift voucher, Learning and Services Units allow you to use your remaining training budget in this financial year with a one-off payment, but attend the training next year. The units can be redeemed at any time throughout the year on training or professional services.
The benefits of Learning and Services Units include:
- Greater flexibility: you can attend any of our scheduled training courses throughout the year, or organise a customised course that specifically caters for your employees’ needs.
- Broad access: you can choose from an extensive range of 389 professional services and training courses.
- Single purchase: you can decrease the administrative time and effort required to obtain individual training approvals.
Use your credits on a number of Esri Australia’s leading training options, including:
- Client site and client exclusive courses: Condense courses to match the goals of your organisation and availability of employees.
- Knowledge transfers: Intensive training sessions designed for a maximum number of two participants. Bring along work examples you face daily and have a leading trainer talk through best practice techniques and possible short cuts.
- Workshops: Interactive, half-day short courses.
- Floor walker: An Esri GIS expert can sit with your staff onsite and suggest improvements to your processes.
- Scheduled training: With 389 scheduled courses offered throughout this year, you will be able to find an appropriate course for anyone’s knowledge level and skill set.
As you can see, Learning and Services Units for training give you flexibility to continually improve the skills and GIS know-how of your workforce throughout the year, as well as improving overall workplace efficiency and advantage.
If you would like more information on the Learning and Services Units program, please contact your personal business development manager and they will answer any questions you may have – or if you would like more information on the best courses to attend, email the training team.